Tuesday 11 August 2015

Economy and Cake, Past and Present

Sometimes I have too much to write about ... that often means I struggle to find time to collate all my thoughts into posts. 
Like exercise, blogging is hard to return to after a break... especially when that break includes living my last few weeks in New York, and then mourning my move away from the city that never sleeps!


However, today I took my Grandma for a typically British morning delight, consisting of tea and scones. This is when my kick start story surprised me.  Unfortunately I was made aware Jennie's Tea Room on Wellogate, Grimsby sadly closes its doors tomorrow. "A real family business offering premium quality teas, fresh coffee & delicious cakes" has been a favourite of mine with its old fashioned music, style and good service.
Enjoying the pleasant atmosphere today with the even more pleasant scone and hot chocolate that I devoured, it was clear to see how much the cafe will be missed by its regulars of all ages. 


It is a real shame how much loved, independent businesses are those that struggle most in the current economical climate. Grimsby and the surrounding area is a prime example of this economic struggle for many businesses both independent and otherwise. 

Come and support the truly tremendous tea rooms in its final day of service, and grab a scrumptious sweet or savoury snack... I definitely intend to go one last time to this cute coffee shop, so I may see you there! 

Thank you Jennie's for your fabulous service!


Sentimental customers can also grab a piece of Jennie's at the closing sale Thursday 11th August also at the old shop. 




No comments:

Post a Comment