Sunday 5 February 2012

Friend's Fashion favorites

I have just completed a self induced project involving studying three of my Friend's fashions for a week and coming up with designs to suit their styles and personalities.

To me this is my favourite photo of them all. The fact she is able to have fun in this outfit insinuates to me she is comfortable in this outfit and most important feels good in it, which I think she does!  I combined their designs and personalities with the most fitting trends; looking at American car inspirations and pale pastel colours on top for the lovely lady above, the tribal style for the great girl who is below and looking at the large lettering, playful  embellishments for the great girl, below right.

Left: this scarf is almost her signature piece and describes herself to a tee...  her hair is also absolutely amazing so I wanted to emphasise this in my designs.
Right: It is a standing joke to get this girl in something but black. But in seriousness that is her style and you must appreciate and respect it. So for the t-shirt I designed for her navy is the dominant colour and other brighter tones are subtle.
I designed different garments for them all including pyjamas so as to practise with designing for different occasions and did the designs in various methods. They all seem to like the outcomes ( or if not they are hiding it well), which is nice to know!
I would recommend this project to anyone wanting to study fashion..target market is very important in the industry as is trend spotting and individuality ... or even if you don't  study fashion to be quite honest as I felt it helps you to understand your friends in ways you perhaps hadn't considered before and thus builds on the relationship further.

No comments:

Post a Comment