Saturday 18 February 2012

New York Fashion week

Unfortunately because of a tight deadline at College I didn't get to catch the latest updates of the fashion week but thanks to Vogue.com, Style.com and Fashionising.com I was able to catch up on all the shows... these are some of my highlights....


I was particularly impressed by the Jil Sander Navy Catwalk show...these garments caught my eye especially!
I love the colour palette of the garments in this picture. I am particularly intrigued by the fabric and texture of the dress which I think is set off by the leather bag and sweet yet structured bow belt.




The detail of the small part of the shirt that is visible is incredibly aesthetically pleasing to me; the combination of the shades of blue in a structured format is artistically beautiful.


Again the colour pallet of pastels with navy worn by these models produce such a soft and delicate emphasis. The shoes are particularly interesting, what would previously be considered as unattractive granny shoes with a platform the quirky style and popularity with vintage fashion makes these shoes a must have in my opinion.


These garments are taken from the 'Creature of the wind' show:The combination of colours and patterns here would usually be a bit too busy for an outfit however the white shirt, with its embellishments continue the theme of the outfit but also add some subtlety to it. There still can be some reminiscents of a clown detected but I think this adds character and playfulness.


I think this top is just beautiful, touching on orientalism with the silk ...the delicate feminism contrasts with the masculine structure of the garment which compliment each other greatly. I know this isn't a very valid reason but I am not as keen on the clots as i have personally had quite a few fashion disasters with them which cause me to cringe just thinking about them, my figure is not complimented by the emphasis of the size of the bottom that they create!


The sleek sophistication that has been added to this garment with connotations of safari and hunters is mainly down to the silk. The pockets and zip especially insinuate a symmetrical professional appearance, yet the length of the sleeves and tunic create a relaxed sense and elongate the elegant form of the model. However I do think this garment would not be as attractive on the shorter of the population because of the length of the green silk could possibly make the bottom half of the body appear smaller if the legs are already quite short.


The shades of the skirt with the jumper compliment each other. The neckline of the jumper, especially with the collar appear to elongate the neck and emphasise the collarr bones producing a beautifully elegant effect. The soft texture of the jumper compliment the leather sheen of the skirt. The unusual folds of the skirt add a quirky interest that appeals to me, the unusual ribbing of the jumper's arms also add to this adding more texture to the garment in a attractive way. This is quite possible the outfit I would most love to have from this New York Fashion week.
All images were from http://www.style.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment