Wednesday 7 May 2014

Style Study

Day two of being awake at 5 am. This time I am being an (arguably over) supportive girlfriend and am at the library whilst my boyfriend prints and scans his final bits of work for his hand in 5 hours from now.

Whilst I sit here I casually look around at the two dozen or so students busy working away and I am surprised how they are dressed. The majority in skinny jeans and a t-shirt, I find myself shocked at the lack of comfy clothes I see: no tracksuit bottoms in sight!

I've heard  both from the individual and of many people who come here after a night out to work. Does this raise the style question: is fashion in general becoming more about the practical in today's modern society?
It does baffle me how an intoxicated student could produce decent work. But then I suppose art students work could result in being imaginative, wild and free. Will this evolve to be a new form of art or is it a spin off hippie/ psychedelic art?

No comments:

Post a Comment