Tuesday 19 May 2015

China Treat

Museums and sunshine don't often go together. However this weekend my internship kindly treated the interns to a visit to the Met Museum to see the China: Through the Looking Glass exhibition. It seemed a shame to be venturing inside on such a lovely day, but my goodness it was worth it! 


I know I quite regularly say that things inspire me, which is undoubtably due to my creative tendencies, but I have never been so moved by an exhibit in my life. 
Beautiful couture garments filled a magically mysterious interior. These magnificently crafted designs were also surrounded by their inspirations from throughout the history of the beautiful Chinese culture. 


There is no question whether I will be returning to this particular installation; perhaps once or even twice more in order to sketch and arrange the inspirational thoughts that dominated my brain! 

I would advise a morning visit due to the popularity of the exhibit. But it is definitely worth seeing, even with the crowds and whether you are artistic or otherwise!  


To top off my fabulous Sunday afternoon, I had a lovely stroll home through Central Park in the sun! Bliss!

No comments:

Post a Comment