Tuesday 12 May 2015

Weekend in Washington

What was I expecting? Honestly I do not know, but it most certainly wasn’t what I was welcomed with! The only way I can describe this spectacular city is like Wisteria Drive from Desperate Housewives, minus the housewives! Almost too perfect, the silence was almost scary…coming from New York I felt as though I had gone deaf! To me this weekend acted as a welcome retreat from the chaos of the city that never sleeps, although a lot of walking did take place.


Most of the main monuments are within walking distance of one-another and all very touching. I recommend a visit to them all both in the daylight and in the dark when the moonbeams bring forth and emphasise the historic importance of each. 


If there is a place to experience College life, DC definitely has to be a contender with a large student population there are a multitude of activities to try for a variety of budgets including some fabulous food focused favourites!


Recalling the past weekend now, it still feels like a dream because of place’s peculiar perfection. Time passes quickly quite often, but here the days raced exceptionally rapidly!
This has to be on everyone’s bucket list of places to visit in a lifetime.

You may never want to leave!




No comments:

Post a Comment