Thursday 17 September 2015

Fashion Focus and an 80s Evolution

The past few weeks I've been trying to bring myself to write more about experiences in New York, however, no longer in that concrete jungle it can be rather heartbreaking... Especially with Uni work deadlines! Furthermore this blog was loosing its fashion focus... So let's reel it in people! 
I'm now aiming for a blog 60% fashion 25% art and 15% other fabulous subjects of living. 

New York City

So now the explanation is over let's get to the fun bit... Fashion! 

With the biannual big big fashion capital runways currently being strutted along, with awe inspiring collections of the highest quality and creativity it's easy to forget the current season's styles...
Especially when you're a designer and are working several seasons in advance! For the next few days I hope to recap and remind you of where you should direct your retail therapy in order to be on trend. 

By no means am I saying stick rigidly to this blogged brief ... Personality is key-never forget that in fashion... Add your mark to the marvellous makings and mouldings of the greats, and style them so you feel comfortable. 

Today leaving Newcastle, friends and a fabulous boyfriend at 7.30 am, I feel I need a bit of sparkle to excite me for  the hair appointment I am travelling to (about time I go blond again I feel)...luckily enough sparkle is something that is set to dominate this party season. 

The 80s have hit this season hard with an explosion of bold prints, sheen and of course the power shoulders! Sequins lurex and velvets, what more could a girl want?!

What's the colour pallet? Well for this trend think Christmas chocolate tins and candy wrappers. Golds,
silvers, greens, purples and reds, all with a metallic touch. 

Christopher Kane A/W15
[http://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/fall-2015-ready-to-wear/christopher-kane/slideshow/collection#34]

Christopher Kane is king of trend this A/W. Splendidly supported by the prince of the popping power shoulders this season, J.W. Anderson. But my favourite outfit has to be the tiered,metallic magenta, rara skirt, with a navy top and a Quality Street purple belt by Balmain. 

Balmain A/W15
[http://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/fall-2015-ready-to-wear/balmain/slideshow/collection#44]

So that's your party pieces sorted for sure, but why not be bold, brave and stylish this season by dressing down this 80s evolution? Go girl, I dare you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment