Wednesday 10 July 2013

Elle Exceeds Expectations

Opening my mail ordered September issue of ELLE I began to question myself. Was I that tired from my holiday that I had read the title wrong? Had I accidentally picked up Red Magazine or Vogue instead?  A double take assured me that no I had not. It was indeed Elle which was my bedtime reading.  
Pixie Geldof- August issue Elle cover-girl 


It appears, like it's cover girl this issue, Pixie Geldof, (coincidence I think not,) has matured in style and content. Do not misinterpret my words; I have always adored reading Elle... If I hadn't I wouldn't have subscribed to it for several years now! But there was something about August issue which screamed sophistication, which it arguably was more subtle with in past issues. 
Perhaps this is due to the current and future fashions and lifestyles looking ever increasingly at elegance, workwear and quality?

 Maybe modern art, in particular fashion photography movements have caused a presentational progression? 
Photography by Kia Z Feng


Or maybe the promotional content of the designer brands also has more demure than previous seasons, and so Elle have rejuvenated to fit with this?
Either way Elle has had a form of revamp in my opinion, which, from the advertisement of the next issue will continue.
 I personally support this style change and can't wait for more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment