Friday 26 July 2013

You Can Care in Fashion

Ok, so this post isn't particularly fashion related, but it is something very important to me which I'd like to share...

[http://www.guardian.co.uk]

Today is my last shift at the local care home. I only make the suppers and could never be a carer myself, but my gosh I have so much respect for those that are! These girls (, in my shifts case.. but there are guys too!) are all gorgeously glamorous, yet absolutely lovely. Many could have any job they wanted to pursue, but they have chosen to go into the caring profession... because... well, because they care! The media, and thus society always comment on how those that are entering such occupations are all in for the money, but if you spent one hour at my work you'd know that is not the case there! Ok, so arguably they do not have quite as much responsibility of life and death as perhaps nurses do, but trust me when I say they certainly have enough! 

[http://www.bitrebels.com/design/book-of-life-beautiful-butterflies-burst-from-this-stunning-book/]


These are not the only lovely people at my work; of course there are the residents too!  Working at a care home, can be incredibly rewarding. The residents are amazing people, who've lead amazing lives which I often find myself in awe of! I am not being soppy when I say they truly do deserve the best care available! They have taught me so much throughout my two years at the home, which has changed my perception of, and attitude towards life. Life really is too short, so enjoy it whilst you can! 


 [www.simplythankyou.com]

I am so grateful to all that have made my first job such a joy. Thank you! I will certainly miss everyone!   I am (, secretly or not so you decide,) a soft person, and did, if I'm honest find myself quite emotional after my first few shifts. Seeing such spectacular people medically suffer and no one being able to resolve it completely, however much they want and try to is heartbreaking.  I am sure I will most probably be emotional again this evening ... perhaps for different reasons though!

 It may not be directly fashion related, and may still shock some to know what I do/ did, but this little evening job has made me who I am today! 


No comments:

Post a Comment