Tuesday 16 July 2013

Silver spoon used for style

My last trip to Leeds was a very productive shopping trip. A lovely crafts market lined a city street. A friend and I discovered a stall which sold handmade jewellery crafted from vintage cutlery. 
Different, distinctive and individual, they are three qualities which I admire greatly! Therefore it is not surprising that I ordered and purchased my own vintage fork ring.  It was amazing to watch the artist create my ring from what used to be an item used for eating! 

Here are some examples of fabulous artists which create these beautiful, precious pieces:





http://pinterest.com/pin/155303887122813225/


The reason I write this now is not only to celebrate, acknowledge and promote this innovative idea/ work but also to help my friend find out the contacts for this particular artist! Its horrible to loose your items especially if it is significant to you! On our holiday her special sugar spoon, silver ring was lost in the sand. Safe to say she was gutted! 
So radiant readers if you were in Leeds for the market and know please contact me!
 (We think the company is initially from London, possibly Covent Gardens! )
 Thank- you ! 


No comments:

Post a Comment