Sunday 29 March 2015

Fashion For Flying

I was that person that visited a museum by herself this weekend. Don't worry parents, this was by choice! There's just something unusually satisfying about walking round an exhibit at your own pace and contemplating it's origin and how it can inspire you. 

Oddly I ended up at somewhere my brother would prehaps have more interest in than myself, however it was unusually influential to me. 

The Air, Space and Sea museum is home to some of the most famous service vehicles in history. This includes a concord, something that has had me in awe, disbelief and confusion since a child. How could something travel so fast whilst carrying so many civilians?! 

But for me the most interesting area of this magnificent museum was the uniforms of those that travelled on/ in these means of transportation.
The precise details on each garment from : embroidery, to cut, to button; these garments are of a quality every designer who has a fear of fast sewing machines aspires to!

Yet more inspiration: I'm a very lucky lady! 



No comments:

Post a Comment