Tuesday 10 March 2015

Made in Chelsea NYC

I had a lovely weekend seeing my long time friend and fellow Brit abroad. 
Its always nice to see a friendly face, have a laugh, hug and catch up! 

I think until you have tested you do not realise what you have learnt... in general,  or how well you have settled in a new habitat for instance. Sometimes its just nice to see your achievements how little they maybe and be proud. For someone used to living in a village in the British Countryside navigating the group on the Subway without difficulty after a weeks practise was definitely positive!

Chelsea Market was introduced to me on this day and will definitely be somewhere I will visit again in the future. Although not the stalls I expected, these little shops of quirky items were complimented by the interior. 

One specific stall that caught my interest was the DOOB stall.
"What is DOOB™?
DOOB™ connects the innovation of 3D technology to consumers and their everyday lives. Get scanned in our DOOB-LICATOR™ scanning system, stationed at convenient retail locations, then have your very own DOOB™, a lifelike 3D printed figure of yourself, delivered direct to your door."-http://www.doob3d.com
Technology and its progression is something that both interests and amazes me greatly. It seems so surreal and altogether fabulous that such process can take place! People and animals can be captured in a split second scan resulting in a copy of exact details and colours.
With the smallest of the figurines costing $95 the purchase is not cheap, but I am still very tempted to try out this insanely futuristic creative process! Will this be the new form of the family portrait in a few years time? 

No comments:

Post a Comment