Wednesday 18 March 2015

Green green green

I thought nobody "did" St Patrick's day other than Northimbria's Student Union...How wrong I was! 
Sent on a "pick up trip" yesterday I walked into streets of green... Unlike home's green fields, this was a sea of green people... Well people dressed in green! 
Of course as I got closer and closer to my destination, I also got closer and closer to the St Patrick's day parade. Bagpipes and official people everywhere, it was definitely an unusual sight down the busy shopping street. 


On top of that everything at my apartment's cafeteria was green- dyed... I hope! Green bagels, green lemonade, green scrambled eggs! It was a cute celebration though. 

New York has been prepared for weeks for Paddy's day; fancy dress, memorabilia and cake were the main forms.


A favourite company to have joined in with the festivities has to be Sweet Generation in East Village. Quaint and retro, this coffee shop warmed your insides... and not just from the warm bereages! 
Nearly every single scrumptious cake concuption can be found here, even those you would prehaps need think of! After a morning or afternoon scouring the thrift and vintage shops this is the place to go.


So if you celebrated I hope you all has a good green say yesterday and are not suffering too much today! 


No comments:

Post a Comment