Friday 3 April 2015

Free, fabulous and with feeling

Last night a friend and myself went to see "On Prosperity" performed by The American Academy of Dramatic Arts. 

Being informed about this show by one of the actresses who works in Myers of Keswick ( see a previous post), and the fact that it was free, did I will admit, make me wrongly sceptical about the quality of both the play itself and the acting. But I am ashamed now that I was so narrow minded. My friend and I really enjoyed the performance and were absolutely fixed on the stage with interest as the plot played out and eventually in a very clever way came together in an effective affecting conclusion. 

I would strongly urge others in the area at any point to try and get to one of these shows. The actors and actresses from all nations are destined to be great. Previous attendees of the legendary school include Paul Rudd, Jessica Chastain, and Kim Cattrall to name but a few who have won many prestigious awards between them. 
"On Prosperity" has it's last showing tonight at 7pm. To reserve a seat email: nyreservations@aada.edu
If you can't make it I definitely recommend checking out the academy's website for future performances! 

No comments:

Post a Comment