Tuesday 27 January 2015

Do you see USB NYC?

NYC is a big thing in my life at present for several reasons. The first, most regular readers will be aware of, is that I am moving to New York for several months training  (sorry for repetition but I'm excited!) Another is the fact the City's bad weather is making world news at present,  and the final: my boyfriend is currently over there. 
I am keen to see new little quirks that the city holds whilst over there. I want to become aware of the daily culture and not just (although large,) the tourist culture. 
This post by Most Epic Stuff appeared on my Facebook news-feed this afternoon and is exactly the type of hidden secret of the City I endeavour to discover for myself. An absolutely brilliant idea by Berlin based designer Aram Bartholl : http://mostepicstuff.com/here-is-why-usb-drives-are-buried-in-walls-all-across-new-york/

In case you haven't followed the link above yet ... There are various USB sticks cemented into walls over New York City! People can plug these into their laptops/ USB ports and share files. A great way to spread the word. But be warned the upload of viruses has been reported in the past, and obviously if you attempt to connect the USB art directly into your treasured laptop try not to scratch it! 

[Image from: http://mostepicstuff.com/here-is-why-usb-drives-are-buried-in-walls-all-across-new-york/]

No comments:

Post a Comment