Saturday 24 January 2015

Jewell- The Making of Us

I love reading, but with my demanding, yet fulfilling course, I rarely get time to sleep, let alone read! 

I was always told not to say, when at an interview that one of my hobbies is reading. This is because I do not prefer a particular genre of poetry or prose; not do I have a favoured author. 

I am also aware of a slight snobbery towards so called "chick-flick" fictional novels. 
However I believe there is a fine line in this classification. I often feel that some modern literature is of a better standard than some of the classical favourites. 
At the end of the day it is down to preference. 

I have just spent the last day stuck with my nose in the book "The Making of Us" by Lisa Jewell. An original story line and structure page turner instantly attracted me to this. Although I do not have favoured areas of literature, I am also picky with what I read, and if a book has not grabbed me by page twenty I am reluctant to continue. 

This story line has really effected me; leaving me feeling both content for finishing and discovering the finale to this fabulous piece fiction; and gutted to have left the fanatical lives if Lidya, Robyn and Dean. 

I definitely intend to read more by this talented author, and recommend others too as well! 


No comments:

Post a Comment