Friday 20 February 2015

1 + 1 = Repeat Pattern

Flowers are perhaps one of the most beautiful and inspiring things to me. Spring is a super time for me for this reason. However we fortunately have a lot of celebrations January to February that meant we almost constantly have at least one vase flowers in our house.
As I walked down the stairs one morning I recoginised a new bunch as if for the first time. But noting that that could not have been the case as a few of the leaves were just about beginning to wilt a little.
I was particularly interested by the pale purply-pink clustered flowers. This was unusual for me as that is not a preferred colour of mine, and the  flowers weren't overly beautiful. But what appealed to me was the clustering. On first glance they could have been mistaken for one rather large and unusual flower. After closer inspection however it is clear that there is several flower heads from the same stem. I intend to experiment digitally with producing a print/ pattern from these photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment