Tuesday 10 February 2015

Origami Gifts

Tomorrow is my last shift at the charity shop before I leave the country.
Monday and Wednesday afternoons have formed a fab crew of people who were have many laughs and friendly banter with. 
I will genuinely miss going here twice a week and seeing the friendly faces. 
With little money in my pockets at present and around ten terrific people I wanted to thank, I decided that they would appreciate the thought of a handmade gift. 
For the ladies I made fabricated and embellished origami flower broaches, and  for the men I made skull and owl quilted badges. 
All seemed to appreciate the effort and the personal touch. 
Really this post has two purposes for me:
1) To thank the lovely people at St Andrews Hospice for including me and complimenting me each week ( enough you make my head explode).
2) To show those that are a bit strapped for cash that all you need is a small skill, a little time, and a thoughtful idea and your gift will be gratefully accepted.

 Also the ideas and inspiration I have gained from both the shop and the creation of the gifts is great! 




No comments:

Post a Comment