Tuesday 3 February 2015

Fault in Fretting

This would have been better, perhaps deeper and more from the heart if I'd written this on Sunday. However I feel there is sometimes a thing such as too much public emotion and so I have left this post until today to allow my thoughts to process. 

Like any film, or indeed anything views and reviews are very much divided on the film Fault in Our Stars. 
I have always wanted to see this since it entered the cinema. But, as all things do in my opinion, it so happened that I did not get the chance until Sunday. 

There is no denying that I'm missing my friends, my boyfriend and people in general whilst I am at home and waiting to depart on my American adventure. There is also no doubt that this time has allowed me to fret over the what-ifs and buts of being so far away from my loved ones. 

Every now and then a little perspective is needed in our lives and watching this film at this time certainly was what was required. 

Predictable the ending  may have been. I don't think a more emotional and real outlook could have been created so well as it has been with Fault in Our Stars. I'm not going to go deep into the film and describe every little bit, or in fact much at all of it; I just wanted to highlight the effect stories can have on an individual. 

I spoke to my boyfriend shortly after the film and he was delighted at how my outlook on our now long distance and soon to be longer distance relationship had changed. It made me realise just how lucky I was to have him at all. It made me rationalise my thoughts and think actually in the long run 8 months isn't that much of our life. Most importantly it hit home that there are many people in much worse off positions than myself, after all we are both well, happy and very much in love. Positivity is key- thank you Fault in Our Stars for comforting me! 

Image from:
http://m.imdb.com/title/tt2582846/


No comments:

Post a Comment