Wednesday 4 February 2015

Orange and Full

The sky is something I find incredibly beautiful. Last night it was particularly aesthetic. As my boyfriend's Mum and I drove over the Yorkshire hills we had a fabulous view of a very large orange moon in the navy sky.  At first I began to question what I was seeing: surely the moon couldn't be that orange, I had to be mistaking it for the sun?! But no, it was definitely the moon. We pulled over, as odd as it may seem to try and capture the beautiful sight, however the positioning of the nearest lay-by, along with my temperamental phone camera could not give it justice. 
We were later informed the moon appeared as it did because of the position of Jupiter, and the fact that  it was a full moon. 

According to EarthSky, tonight  you should be able to see Jupiter, the moon and star Regulus. So take a look out your window people, I'm sure it will be amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment